Virginia Home Insurance Calculator
Get dwelling coverage estimates using our home insurance calculator
Get a rough idea how much dwelling coverage you might need to replace your VA home if it is damaged by a covered peril with our handy homeowners insurance calculator. Our convenient tool takes your home’s location and square footage into consideration. Your agent will calculate the exact amount you need using more detailed information.
How to use your homeowners insurance calculator
Follow three simple steps to get a range of estimates with the Virginia home insurance calculator:
- Enter your Virginia zip code
- Enter your home’s square footage
- Click “calculate”
Within a matter of seconds you will see a range of estimates for a home of similar size in the same area. Speak with your agent so he or she can collect more information about your home’s unique features and provide you with appropriate insurance quotes.
Dwelling coverage and our Virginia home insurance calculator
Dwelling coverage is the primary property insurance in a standard VA homeowners policy—if your home were to burn down in a fire, for example, the dwelling coverage would pay to rebuild the main structure. It’s imperative that your dwelling coverage be adequate to cover the replacement cost if your home is destroyed by a covered peril.
There are typically five other types of coverages listed on a standard home insurance policy that come into play when there is a covered claim. Your agent will use your dwelling limit to determine the limits of the other types of coverage on your policy:
- Other Structures on Your Property: Any additional structures which are not actually attached to the main dwelling are covered under this portion of your policy.
- Personal Property/Contents: Personal property such as clothing, televisions, computers, furniture and the like are protected through this.
- Loss of Use: When you are forced to find temporary living arrangements while repair or reconstruction take place to remedy damage inflicted by fire or other covered peril, this coverage helps to pay for your living expenses.
- Personal Liability Protection: This may help cover your legal fees is someone is injured while visiting your home in Virginia and sues you.
- Medical Payments: When you are liable for a third party’s injury and he agrees not to take you to court, this portion of your homeowners policy may pay out a portion of his medical expenses.
Use our convenient homeowners insurance calculator to figure out how high your dwelling coverage might need to be. Then speak with your agent and get an exact amount.
Use our homeowners insurance calculator to get free estimates on dwelling coverage today!
How much Dwelling Coverage do I need?
Please provide your zip code and the square footage of your home to get dwelling coverage estimates.